The festive season has come upon us so quickly, it’s hard to believe that it’s nearly a whole 12 months since we welcomed 2021 with great enthusiasm, as if Covid would magically disappear on January 1st. Alas, in some ways, this year was even worse than 2020 with many businesses closing down and hundreds of jobs lost.
We all know how tough the past couple of years has been on small businesses, with Covid 19 affecting sales for everyone. With this in mind, I encourage you to shop local for Christmas this year and give the local economy a boost. So, rather than ordering from Amazon and buying from the big stores, give a little support to your local vendors and small business places and give a gift that is made with love and is a little more personal and different. Ain’t nobody looking forward to receiving socks. Again!
We’ve put together a few last-minute suggestions to put a much-needed smile on the face of your loved ones. Click on the name of the business, which is hyperlinked to their page in the Southside Links directory. From there you can contact them to purchase directly.
Let us know in the comments if you have any other suggestions of locally made (in the southern part of the island) products and experiences that can be gifted.
- COTCH JEWELRY – Beautiful, high quality, hand-made jewelry for both men and women.
- SUNSHINE NAILZ & SPA – Treat someone you love to a mani/pedi or a lovely relaxing massage.
- TIME BACK VIRTUAL ASSISTANCE – Gift your business bestie some assistance with their business administration. Ask for the ‘Virgin Package’ which is an introductory package of a couple of hours to get some things off the table that have been waiting to get done.
- DAYZEE CANDLE CO – These beautifully scented candles are sure to set whatever mood you are going for.
- SHOPPERS CHOICE – Give a family the practical gift of some grocery vouchers.
- THE SUITE SPOT APARTMENT – Treat your significant other to a weekend break at this new, beautifully decorated Airbnb property in Soufriere.
- THE CUTTING EDGE BARBER SHOP – Give that guy the gift of a sharp makeover for the season.
- DELIGNY ART STUDIO – Beautifully hand-crafted wood carvings to add some artistic culture to the home.
- MS A’s EARLY LEARNERS – Give a child the gift of learning with some tutoring sessions. They might not appreciate it now, but they will when exam time comes around.
10. HAIR SHE GOES – Gift a natural sista with a beautiful hair makeover for the season.
11. LAUWIPOP FACES – Who wouldn’t love to get their face beat by a professional for an upcoming event or photo shoot.
12. WE PUSH DUCKS MEDIA – Talking of photo shoots, why not book one for somebody who wouldn’t normally use their money for such things.
13. JERSEY FEVER – Get that football fanatic their team’s latest jersey.
14. GARMAII’s DIVINE BASKETS – Who wouldn’t be thrilled to get one of these beautiful baskets delivered to their door?
15. MOURNE COUBARIL – A zip lining experience is a great gift for the kids and adults alike.
16. EXCITING TOURS – St Lucia is such an amazing place with so many hidden gems off the beaten track. Give someone a treat of an expert guide to show them these hidden wonders.
17. GRFX EXPRESS – Lots to choose from here, from phone cases, earphones and flash drives, to firestick subscriptions offering thousands of tv channels. They also do graphic design.
18. SA NOU ST LUCIA – This company will curate wonderful local items from around the island to make up beautiful gift packages.
So, there you have it. Some easy ideas for some last-minute gifts, thinking outside of the usual box. Buy local and give the recipient of your gift and a local business person a very happy Christmas.